Pre-K Blog

About Me

My photo
Little Wonders is a wonderful learning center located right here in Missouri City. This is where talent, imagination and professional skills are being dedicated to the teaching of our young children. We understand that children learn differently. Through observation and listening, we encourage each individual's unique learning styles; while focusing on their physical, educational and emotional needs. All of our teachers are professionally qualified with combined expertise in education, speech & hearing therapy, bilingual education and English as a Second Language. With a low student-teacher ratio, we provide your child with the attention they need. Little Wonders Learning Center is located at the corner of Lexington Blvd. and Dulles Ave. In this center, you will find a number of warm, loving teachers committed to putting children first. This isn't your ordinary day care facility.

Monday, November 30, 2009

A Letter To Mom and Dad

Well, Thanksgiving is over and we are so excited that the annual "Winter Snow Festival" is near. This year we are planning to have the festival on Friday, December 18th at 3:00.

We will have the snow again, so plan on bringing gloves and snow boots for your child.

Every year we try to incorporate the traditions from as many cultures as we can, being that our school is full of children from so many different ethnic backgrounds. Last year the children started a project on the clothing from each country and wound up making snowmen dressed in clothes from all around the world.

This year it looks like we are hooked on FOOD!!!

We sat down to talk about the festival, and the children were talking about what food they want to bring and where their parents are from. These were some of the comments:

- Trevor said, "I think I am from Mexico, I don't really know where I live!"
- Dimi said, "My dad speaks Greek and English. I am not sure what they eat in Greece. But, when my mom and dad were little kids, I lived in Africa and ate meat from lions.
-Faraz said, " "My mom and dad speak Farsi and English. They eat vegetables and fruit, but my grandma lives far away in Iran."
-Ella said, "My dad is from Mexico, and I think they eat hot dogs there." "Oh! They eat tacos and tortillas!"

We continued to talk and the teachers asked them, "Well since we are not sure what people eat in different countries, what should we do?"

The children wanted to write a letter to the parents. We worked together and this is what the letter says:

Dear Mom and Dad,

Where do you come from and can you please tell me it please? You can please tell me what you eat where you come from? And can you tell me what you do where you come from and where you don't come from, and also from Mexico?

Thank You!

Little Wonders Kids


In other words ;0) The children would like to know more about their family's nationality, what foods are common from those countries, and any traditions your family has during the winter time. And if anyone has additional information on Mexico, they would love to hear about that as well!

I will have a letter to pass out in class so that the children can read it with you at home and they can bring in any information to class.

Let me know if you have quesitons!

No comments:

Post a Comment